Combizym® coated tablets is a combination of enzymes for digestive disorders which is effective in stomach and intestine. It is a complex enzyme preparation with site-directed delivery.
Combizym® is a highly stable enzyme preparation consists of:
- Icing coating: Protect the gastric enzyme, Aspergillus oryzae and dissolve in stomach
- Enzyme extract of microorganism, Aspergillus oryzae: Specifically containing cellulase which human do not secrete by ourselves. Strong ability to catabolize proteins, starch and cellulose, thus ameliorating dyspeptic symptoms in the upper digestive system
- Enteric coating: Protect pancreatin from catabolism by gastric juice, ensuring pancreatin delivery to intestinal tract
- Pancreatin: Containing lipase, protease and amylase for the hydrolysis of lipid, protein and starch. Thus, ameliorating dyspeptic symptoms such as abdominal distension and diarrhoea in the small intestine.
According to the clinical study, Combizym® has a positive therapeutic effect on various dyspeptic symptoms, including:^
- Upper digestive system, including anepithymia, abdominal distension, belching and epigastric burning.
- Lower digestive system, such as diarrhoea
^Ran, Z. H. et al. (2009). The efficacy of Combizym in the treatment of Chinese patients with dyspepsia: a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled and cross-over study: Shanghai Combizym Clinical Cooperative Group. Journal of digestive diseases; 10: 41–48.
More about Dyspepsia
Digestive system consists of the gastrointestinal tract and the accessory organs of digestion. As we eat, the digestive process starts in our mouth, through the esophagus to the stomach, small intestine and large intestine. The glands in digestive organs will secrete digestive juice which will further breakdown food into smaller molecules for the ease of nutrients absorption.
Dyspepsia (also known as indigestion) refers to the discomfort and symptoms occur in the upper abdomen.
- Double coating to facilitate site-specific delivery and finite release in destination of enzyme
- Provide sufficient and broad spectrum of enzyme
- With cellulase for the digestion of fibres, like cellulose
- No absorption of enzymes by digestive system, suitable for long term use
- Excellent efficacy, safety and compliance to patient
Adult and children should take 1-2 coated tablets during or after meal, swallow without chewing.
If necessary, this dose may be increased.