According to the latest WHO guideline of Iron Deficiency Anemia (IDA) among children worldwide, approximately 300 million children globally had anemia in 2011. WHO also indicated that iron deficiency is always the most common cause of anemia. Even in developed countries or regions, over 10% of children suffer from iron deficiency problem.
Consequences of Iron Deficiency (ID) for children:
- Decreasing attention span
- Shortening memory
- Learning and cognitive abilities loss
- Decline of immune system
- Pallor, cold hands and feet
In addition, there are some studies pointed out that mean total IQ score of the children with iron deficiency anemia (IDA) was 12.9 points lower than that of the normal children. Thus, iron deficiency in children should not be neglected as it can affect long-term cognitive function.
WHO recommends daily iron supplementation for preventing ID/IDA:
- Infants and young children ( 6-23 months): 10-12.5mg elemental iron, 3 consecutive months in a year
- Preschool-age children (2-3 years): 30mg elemental iron, 3 consecutive months in a year
- School-age children (5-12 years): 30-60mg elemental iron, 3 consecutive months in a year
Ferrum Hausmann® Syrup
More about Ferrum Hausmann®
Ferrum Hausmann® is a new oral iron therapy for the treatment of iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia. Its active and controlled iron absorption mechanism has some distinct and clinically proven benefits like fewer and milder side effects (e.g. nausea & constipation) compared to traditional ferrous iron supplements. Also, until now, drug and food interactions have not been observed. Ferrum Hausmann® is manufactured in Switzerland and has been introduced into more than 80 countries around the globe.
- Each bottle contains 150ml of Ferrum Hausmann® Syrup
- Ferrum Hausmann® Syrup can be taken during or after meal. It can be mixed with fruit and vegetable juices or with bottle-feed
- Syrup in delicious Vanilla flavor
- Especially suitable for people over 1 year old