Hyalgan® contains hyaluronic acid which is a natural polymer of glycosaminoglycan that presents in joint cartilage and synovial fluid. The hyaluronic acid in Hyalgan® is processed by a patented molecular filtration procedure. The efficacy and safety of Hyalgan® for different OA joints, e.g. knee, ankle, shoulder, etc., are well-proven in numerous clinical studies. In OA patients, the molecular weight and concentration of the hyaluronic acid in the synovial fluid is lower compared to healthy joint and the protective effect to the joint is reduced. Hyalgan® injection replenishes and boosts the normal production of synovial fluid in joints. Therefore, pain and other symptoms can be relieved.
Treatment Results of Hyalgan®:
- Supplement and facilitate the normal production of synovial fluid in joints
- Facilitates the diffusion of nutrients and solutes in the avascular cartilage
- Activates the tissue repair process
- Produces an anti-inflammatory effect and scavenge harmful free radical
- Alleviation of joint stiffness
- Improvement in joint mobility
- Reduction of joint effusion
- Reduces the usage of pain-killer medication
Dosage & Administration
Depending on the severity of the disorder and according to the joint’s size, Hyalgan® is administered once a week for 3 to 5 weeks.