ionil T® Shampoo can relieve scalp problems like itching and flaking. It also reduces inflammation, cleans hair and helps maintain a healthy scalp.
ionil T® Shampoo contains coal tar 4.25% and salicylic acid 2%.
- Coal tar – it has been widely used in anti-dandruff shampoo for almost 100 years (1) and is one of the first-line treatments for the scalp dermatoses management (2). Coal tar is anti-pruritic, anti-inflammatory, fungistatic, sebosuppressive, keratolytic and anti-proliferative (3-6).
- Salicylic acid – it is anti-pruritic (7), anti-inflammatory (7), keratolytic (8) and able to enhance the penetration rate of other agents into skin (9).
- Goeckerman WH. The treatment of psoriasis. Northwest Medicine. 1925;24:229–230.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Psoriasis: assessment and management. Clinical guideline [CG153] Published date: October 2012 Last updated: September 2017. Available: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg153/chapter/1-Guidance#topical-therapy
- Borda LJ, Wikramanayake TC. Seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff: a comprehensive review. Journal of clinical and investigative dermatology. 2015; 3(2).
- Arnold WP. Tar. Clinical Dermatology. 1997; 15: 739-44.
- Thami GP, Sarkar R. Coal tar: past, present and future. Clinical and experimental dermatology. 2002; 27(2): 99-103.
- WHO Model Prescribing Information – Drugs used in Skin Diseases (1997). Available: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/pdf/h2918e/h2918e.pdf
- Mueller. Topical dermatological therapy. Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology (Second Edition), 2008 ; 546 – 556. Available: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/salicylicacid
- Roberts DL, et al. Detection of the action of salicylic acid on the normal stratum corneum. British Journal of Dermatology. 1980; 103(2): 191-6.
- Krochmal L, et al. Topical corticosteroid compounding: effects on physicochemical stability and skin penetration rate. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 1989; 21(5): 979-84.
ionil T® Shampoo
Can be used daily, or according to physicians or pharmacists’ advice.
Bottle of 200ml shampoo